Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Flying Lesson 7: Instrument

Saturday July, 9, 2011. Today I had to where the hood! I have been looking forward to this for months! The hood is a device you put on your head that limits your vision so you can't see outside of the cockpit.


The hood makes flying a little more challenging I think just because you want to look outside of the cockpit really badly. But I like a challenge and I thought it was really fun. Tony had me do climbs and descents and climbing turns as well as descending turn. I can see how one could easily become disoriented in the clouds.I think I would be able to manage just fine though as long as I  had the controllers to guide me down. Once you get your scanning pattern down it's a piece of cake! This flight took place over the lower valley as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment