Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ground School Lesson Two


Friday, April, 15, 2011, my second ground school lesson. This lesson was about two hours long. Last week I ordered my Jeppensen part 61 kit and it just got here last Wednesday so we went over what all the books are for and also some aircraft systems. Here are the pictures of everything in the kit. 

Student Bag
Test Guide
Practical Test Study Guide 
Private Pilot Text Book
Practical Test Standards
Private Pilot Maneuvers
Federal Aviation Regulations / Aeronautical Information Manual
Navigation Plotter
E6B Flight Computer Instructions
E6B Flight Computer
Sea Bands (for motion sickness)

The Sea Band on my wrist

A special Ginger Root gum to help with motion sickness
And that's is! Everything you need to become a successful pilot. Well that and a lot of money! Basically just the books to learn everything and the study guides to make sure you pass your tests. Also as you can see I have invested in some Sea Bands and Ginger gum to get rid of my motion sickness. It is against the FAR to take any kind of motion sickness pills so I have to use natural methods. I don't get really sick unless I am staring at the instruments or taking pictures but I would rather be safe then sorry. You never know what the air is like up there. Also in this first lesson of ground school Tony and I went out and looked at the plane and talked about the various components of it. Back in the office he explained Bernoulli's Principle (what makes the airplane fly) to me as well as how the engine works and we talked a lot about carb heat and why it's so necessary. Next Friday morning is going to be my third lesson in the air. If I remember right we will be doing some stalling procedures and recovering techniques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment